Private Berlin: Green Delights of Berlin
Prenzl’Berg (as locals call it) has come a long way since its days as a haven for the resistance in war torn Berlin. It’s a well preserved neighbourhood that managed to avoid much of the bombardment of bombs that the allied forces heaped upon the capital. Which is great for you because it makes for a lovely day out, with plenty of old architecture on offer for the amateur photographer to snap away at. After...
Prenzl’Berg (as locals call it) has come a long way since its days as a haven for the resistance in war torn Berlin. It’s a well preserved neighbourhood that managed to avoid much of the bombardment of bombs that the allied forces heaped upon the capital. Which is great for you because it makes for a lovely day out, with plenty of old architecture on offer for the amateur photographer to snap away at. After meeting your guide, your green adventure will begin with a walk around the neighbourbood and an introduction to the city’s strong eco credentials. We’ll visit some of our favourite green projects, shops and artist’s workshops to discover some of the innovative ways that local entrepreneurs are acknowledging the need for more sustainable practices when it comes to manufacturing new products. We’ll chat to local business owners and find out more about how they started their green initiative and the impact that its having on the local community. Prenzlauer Berg is also known for its killer vegan food, this being Berlin hipster heaven and all… So, we’ll also take you to some of the best kitchens in town, who all have a passion for experimenting with plants to get the very best flavours from them. You’ll taste some delicious veggie delights, including quite possibly the best vegan ice-cream of your life! There will be some really cool, unique souvenir opportunities on this tour but don’t worry, there’s no hard selling here. We don’t make any commission on the purchases you make, we’re just excited to show off our green city to visitors! Your tour will end at the picturesque Zionskirchplatz small park and garden, in front of one of Berlin’s prettiest churches. There’s plenty more to see and do from here, including an organic farmer’s market that takes place every Thursday right from this spot. Ask your local guide for recommendations on what to do next and keep it green if you can! About GreenMe Berlin: GreenMe is a social business & member of SEND (www.send-ev.de) - means our profits are reinvested in supporting the local eco scene, and we donate part of the money generated to non-profits we love (incl. Love for Life Project, Only Love for Life Project and Plan.A). Money from the tour will be used to grow & promote Berlin’s urban green scene and support the passionate people and projects we work with, e.g. for organising events and trainings for local nonprofits. 25% of each tour will be donated to "Berlin-based non-profits we regularly work with.” Please note: This is a private tour. Pricing for small groups is as written below. Pricing for bigger groups is discussed individually. 1 - 2 people: € 222 3 - 5 people: € 240 6 - 10 people: € 360 11 - 15 people: € 480
- Explore berlin’s trendy prenzlauer berg neighborhood and soak up its revolutionary spirit
- Visit at least three different green initiatives who are leading the way when it comes to eco-friendly commerce
- Taste some of the city’s most innovative plant-based food and find out why berlin is known as the world’s veggie capital
- Meet passionate local artisans and entrepreneurs who are embracing the city’s thriving eco movement and coming up with new and exciting ways of running an environmentally-friendly business
- 25% of the proceeds from this tour will be donated to green berlin-based non-profits, including a crowdsharing platform that raises money for vital research into climate change
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Your tour is run in a partnership with greenme, a social business which reinvests profits in supporting the local eco scene. money from the tour will be used to grow and promote berlin’s urban green scene and support the passionate people and projects we work with, e.g. for organising events and trainings for local non-profits.
- 25% of each tour will be donated to berlin-based non-profits we regularly work with.
In front of Spreegold Store, Stargarder Str. 82, 10437 Berlin (closest station: S+U Schönhauser Allee) Google Maps
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.