From Stomp to Sip! Vineyard and Harvest Experience
Another summer is coming to an end, which means it’s time for the grape harvest! Join us on our food, wine, and harvest tour at a village off the beaten path, and become a farmer for the day. One of the best ways to explore the heart of Crete away from the tourist centres is to mingle with the locals, and what better than by participating in an ancient task? You’ll tour the island, get...
Another summer is coming to an end, which means it’s time for the grape harvest! Join us on our food, wine, and harvest tour at a village off the beaten path, and become a farmer for the day. One of the best ways to explore the heart of Crete away from the tourist centres is to mingle with the locals, and what better than by participating in an ancient task? You’ll tour the island, get to harvest and stomp grapes, and sample olives and cheeses, all while working in a family vineyard. You’ll also devour an organic meal, prepare sweets with wine-based recipes, and finish off your day with a bag of “farm goodies” to bring home! A celebration for the whole family! We’ll start our day with a traditional Greek coffee before arriving at the hilltop village and family-owned business. Along the way, your guide will point out the landmarks, but mostly entertain you with local stories of the area. Then it’s time to feel the passion and excitement of wine making! You’ll join the family in the vineyard, where you’ll gain a deeper understanding of Greek wine culture, learn about the history of wine on Crete, and discover the local varieties. You’ll practice traditional wine-making methods while turning your feet purple with the ancient method of maceration: wine stomping! You’ll also get to appreciate locally farmed organic products with a mouthwatering meal, paired with house wines, of course. Then wander around an ancient Minoan site or pick herbs before rolling up your sleeves again — but this time to check your cooking skills as we help you to bake your own sweets based on wine recipes! Enjoy this innovative experience and take home a bag of local goods such as fresh fruit and vegetables from the farm.
- Learn about the traditional way of life on crete
- Help make wine during harvest season, from picking the grapes to stomping them!
- Tantalise your tastebuds with local recipes based on wine
- Enjoy a glass or more of local wines and learn about the local varieties from harvest to bottling
- Participate in a hands-on cooking class in a picturesque mountaintop village
- Local impact: how you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Your tour promotes rural tourism, which supports deep-rooted traditions and local economies that don't generally benefit from tourism.
- On your tour you will also join a local familly at their vineyard where you'll practice traditional wine-making methods.
- As part of your tour you will enjoy a farm-to-table organic meal made from fresh, seasonal products following traditional recipes and old ways of cooking.
There are 2 meeting points — please double check the meeting point in your departure city. Chania: Chania Municipal Market at 8:15 AM Rethymnon: Square of the Four Martyrs in the centre of Rethymnon at 9:30 AM
You can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours before the start of your experience. If you do not show up for the experience or fail to cancel at least 72 hours in advance, you will not receive a refund.